Strengthening of statistical capacities is emphasised in both the Addis Agenda and the 2030 Agenda.
The IMF has been a major player in the global efforts to assist developing countries in improving their macroeconomic statistics, including national accounts, prices, government finance statistics, monetary and financial sector statistics, and a full range of external sector statistics. In the IMF’s fiscal year that ended in April 2016, it sent 563 missions to countries around the world and organized 120 training events reaching thousands of country participants. About half of the technical assistance on statistical issues benefits low-income countries.
- Engaging users and investing in statistics
- Assuring quality and instilling trust in statistics
- Integrated statistics for integrated analysis
- Modernizing statistical business processes
- Having requisite skills set: Transforming into a learning organization