The Addis Ababa Action Agenda contains commitments and action items on capacity building throughout its Action Areas.
In the area of international development cooperation, the Addis Agenda specifically:
- Calls for capacity building of local and national actors in the areas of managing and financing disaster risk
- Calls for capacity building for LDCs, LLDCs and SIDS responding to various kinds of shocks including financial crisis, natural disasters, and public health emergencies
- Supports building capacity in accessing available funds of the Global Environment Facility
- Commits to strengthen country capacity for early warning, risk reduction and management of national and global health risks; in particular in LDCs, LLDCs and SIDS, and in conflict-affected and post-conflict States
- Commits to strengthen international cooperation to support efforts to build capacity [in tax administration] in developing countries, including through enhanced ODA
Overall monitoring of capacity building activities is carried out in the context of Action Area G on science, technology, innovation and capacity building. Monitoring of capacity building activities on tax administration and related areas is carried out in the context of Action Area A on domestic resource mobilization. See also climate finance, disaster risk and environmental resilience.
Relevant SDG indicator